House Rules For Shuffleboard at The Kingfish
- Absolutely no drinks or food are to be set anywhere on the table.
- Team games are to 21. Singles play to 15. First to the finish wins (win by one).
- The winner(s) retain the right to play the next challenger.
- Challengers must sign up on the chalkboard in order to play.
- Team challengers require the names of both team members on the chalkboard.
- A challenger may not sign up to play for more than one team at a time.
- Challengers must be present and ready to play at the time of their game.
- Challengers who are not present and ready to play will be removed from the chalkboard and forfeit their turn.
- 2-person teams have priority over single players. When a single player is challenged by a team, the single player must accept a teammate or forfeit the table.
- The table may be resurfaced (only with shuffleboard wax) in between games if both teams agree.
- The table surface may not be manipulated during the game.
- Accidental fouls (interference) will result in the round be replayed with the fouling team losing a puck for the round.
- Intentional fouls will result in game forfeiture by the fouling team.
- The team with a puck furthest down the table after all pucks have been played is the scoring team.
- Points are counted for all pucks that are further down the table than the opposing team’s pucks.
- A puck must pass entirely beyond a scoring line in order to get the higher score.
- A puck that stops with an edge over the end of the table (a hanger) scores 4 points.
- The foul line is not a scoring line – a puck that stays on the table scores if it is past every opposing puck whether it crosses the foul line or not.
- Points will be tallied by both teams and scored on the electronic scoreboard prior to the beginning of the next round.
- In the event of a disputed point, a non-player will rule on the winning puck.
In the event of any disputes related to the outcome of a round, game, or the conduct of any player, The House (bartender or barback) will have final say.